Tuesday 4 February 2014

Colour Prints.

Continuing on from the monochrome prints, here I have begun to experiment with different colour ways. I have continued to experiment with offsetting layers and creating shadow as I think this was successful within the monochrome prints.
This first set of colour ways I don't feel are quite right, too many layers of colour starts to create an optical effect, which isn't something that would be suitable within an interior on a large scale. The lime green I feel is slightly jarring, and would only perhaps be used on a very small scale to add a pop of colour to a room.
The tonal variations of blues work well together, I think it worked to have colour blocks in sections so that the print wasn't all over one colour on top of the other, but a variety of shades and tones varying across the print. The burnt orange and dark blue worked particularly well together, the orange adding a burst of colour, but in a less bold way as the lime green. I feel these prints would work well within an interior on a larger scale without becoming overpowering. 
To finish this collection of coloured prints off, I decided to create two more screen designs.
I feel that the bold triangular style (middle) print is a lot more successful than the flowing line prints. This is because I think it would work far better in repeat, within an interior space, and works well as a collection with the previous two designs. The line print (left and right) although intended to look quite organic to add a different element to the collection, appears quite rigid and structured. I don't think this print quite fits in with the collection for this reason. 





No comments:

Post a Comment