Tuesday 28 January 2014

Introducing Colour.

I've started to think about adding colour into my work, as I want to show that I am able to work with different colour ways other than monochrome. I feel it is important to show that my work can be versatile. 
I've also decided I want to add some further prints to my monochrome collection, but in new colour way. When gathering inspiration for my next collection I was inspired by the colours in the rusted lobster pots and fishing ropes, I feel that these colour ways could be appropriate to finish off my previous collection of print designs. 


I've started this week to do some mark making, experimenting with colour proportions and how the new colour palette might work together, before taking the new palette into the print room. I do think the palette is working, the flash of orange against the blue tones really stands out and sets the other colours off.


No comments:

Post a Comment