Thursday 6 February 2014

Marimekko.



Looking at how my current range of coloured prints could work within an interior context, I experimented with different placements and scale. I feel that this range of prints work well as designs for a feature wall. As the prints have a Scandinavian feel about them, I started to research into Scandinavian print so see if my prints had the potential to fit in with their style of designs. 




Marimekko create bold and fun prints in a range of colour schemes, ranging from monochrome to highly vibrant. I feel that my style of prints would work well with this sort of collection, as I feel my prints fit to this bold and dominating style. 
Marimekko have a team of designers who work to create different ranges of collections, I'd be interested in working this way, being surrounded by a team of designers, but designing my own collection for the company. Allowing more of the designers own style to show through. 

            
                             Fig 1.                                                 Fig 2.


Fig 3.



Fig 1, Fig 2, Fig 3 Marimekko (n.d) [Online] [Accessed on 6th February 2014] < http://www.johnlewis.com/home-garden/diy-home-decorating/wallpapers/marimekko/c8000022177?s_kenid=44ed4e78-43c1-6369-8aaf-00002ed76050&s_kwcid=125x717133&tmad=c&tmcampid=52>


No comments:

Post a Comment