Tuesday 18 February 2014

Collage Cut Out Drawings.


As a way of drawing from my illustrator designs I've experimented with cut out elements this week. I feel that these are starting to work in quite interesting ways, especially with the use of watercolours, creating gradients in colour on each shape. I feel that the designs are working a lot better on the grey backgrounds than the blue as the grey allows the shapes to stand out and is more complimentary to the whole palette.
I also wanted to experiment with scale, to show how the designs could potentially be repeated. I feel that a lighter grey background would have worked better within this design to allow the pink to pop, however this is something I will continue to experiment with. Combining different paper qualities is something that has started to work well, and also combining the digitally rendered shapes with the hand cut shapes. Creating a mix of digital and hand made. 



No comments:

Post a Comment