Tuesday 18 February 2014

Calvin Klein.


Armani Casa's range of bedding is at the high end market level, which combines soft colour schemes with intricate prints. This is the sort of design range and level that I would see my current work fitting into. The styling is minimal, which is how I could see my work being displayed. 


To show that my work could fit to this market level and style, I've begun to experiment with visualisations of each print to see which would fit and which wouldn't. I felt that this was a really useful process to undertake. It soon became apparent that some designs, such as the one above, wouldn't be suited to the higher end of the market, and is at a more commercial level. I think this is to do with the placement of the print, as it is a simple design and not as detailed as some of my other designs. 




I felt that this designs were a lot more suited to the higher market level and would fit in with Calvin Klein's designs. These designs are a lot more detailed, with more elaborate and interesting shapes being created. Therefore moving away from simpler commercial designs. 


As I had used Calvin Klein's room sets to show how my work could fit within similar styling, I then tried out creating my own room in illustrator so I could style the whole image to fit my designs. I felt it important to think about detailing such as a double sided print design, so as again to fit into the higher market level with a greater attention to detail.


All photographs taken from: Calvin Klein. (n.d) [Online] [Accessed on 18th February 2014]  <http://explore.calvinklein.com/en_US/explore/ckhome/home/products/calvin-klein-home-bedding-T321-TLNK321/> 

No comments:

Post a Comment