Friday 2 May 2014

Printing on linen.

It had been previously suggested that I source some pre dyed grounds to print upon for my 'Nature Overtaking' collection. I sourced some pre dyed linens in a variety of colours to test out and to lift the colour palette.
I felt these linens worked really well in combination with the different pigments and textured binders, adding yet another texture into the mix of the collage. The pink, grey and dark blue were most successful, as the colour palette complimented these well. However the purple and light blue backgrounds were making the collection appear too tonal overall, and the contrasts in colour were beginning to be lost. I will take these colours out of the collection and perhaps add in an off white linen or a very pale grey to add another contrast in colour, which I think will bring the collection together nicely.




For the degree show I'd like to showcase a length of wallpaper alongside fabric samples, to show how my work could work in context and on a larger scale. I've been creating repeats from some of my illustrator drawings, so that the designs repeat from all sides. I've found it hard to create repeats that don't look too mechanical and that flow as a design well. I envision the designs being on a much larger scale if they were to be made, so I think this would help with the flow of the repeats. In order to see I will create visualisations this week to see how the designs would actually work.



No comments:

Post a Comment