Monday 12 May 2014

Outwards Facing.


The last couple of weeks I've been building up a contact list of potential employers I'd like to work for to apply for internships. I've created a series of self promotion packs, to showcase a selection of my samples in the style of a wallpaper sample book. I wanted to send physical work as emails can easily get unnoticed, so I hope that by sending work, employers are more likely to respond. 
I've sent out eight packs so far, and have received feedback from two companies, that although currently don't have any positions for interns, offered feedback on my cv, which they both said was very professional, and also positive feedback on my samples. 
It's encouraging to hear positive feedback from the industry that I want to get into, and has shown me that I am on the right track, I just need to keep applying. 
I will continue to research companies to send out more self promotion packs and also start applying for graduate textile jobs. 



I feel it is important to have an online presence, as a quick and easy way for potential employers to access work, and to quickly get an overview of what I'm about as a designer. I've created a very simple portfolio website just to show snapshots of some of my prints. From tutorials I have realised it to important to not show everything at once, and to leave people intrigued to find out more about you and to then perhaps encourage them to contact you directly. 



http://alishman.wix.com/ailsaltextiles


No comments:

Post a Comment