Wednesday 7 May 2014

New Collection Prints.

This week I've been finishing off my 'Nature Overtaking' collection and starting my new collection of prints.
I added in prints on off white linen to the nature collection, which I think works really well with the collection as a whole and creates a nice contrast in ground colours. I feel that the multihead would also be a nice addition to some of these prints, especially the prints where there is more space around the shapes to be filled in further with embroidery. This is something I will try to fit in next week. 



I've also started my new collection of prints. I wanted the grounds for these prints to be on an optic white linen, so as to allow the print to really stand out. I feel that adding a coloured ground would cause the whole colour palette to have to change.
Although the prints worked out well and the colour separations fitted together, it was mentioned in tutorial that the linen as a ground was breaking up the graphic feel of the prints, I think the linen worked well for the previous collection because the prints were so organic feeling. Whereas the feel of this collection is a lot cleaner and bolder, and the linen is detracting from this feel.



The fabric I need to source needs to be a lot smoother, with little grain so as not to interrupt the prints, something like a heavier cotton, or a synthetic fabric.
It was also mentioned in peer tutorials that perhaps the yellow is too much of an in between colour, it is neither yellow, or cream and more of a magnolia, so this either needs to be brightened up or toned right down to work with the other colours.



No comments:

Post a Comment