Sunday 18 May 2014

Large Scale Printing.




As I've been visualising my work on a much larger scale than my screen prints, I decided to get an idea of scale and how my patterns would look upscaled as wallpaper. It's been great to be able to see my designs on this scale and they work well for being larger. Showing these within tutorial, it was suggested that although these designs really work as digital prints, it would be more fitting to create a hand printed length of wallpaper. As I've really played upon hand print and the hand qualities throughout this year, it would be a shame to lose these at the last stage. 
A length of wallpaper is something that I've been thinking about displaying alongside my fabric samples within the degree show. This would be something I'd create after the deadline, for which I would recreate one of these designs, perhaps sampling a range of textures to see what works best before printing the final section. 








No comments:

Post a Comment