Sunday 8 December 2013

Timorous Beasties.


Fig 1.

Timorous Beasties are a design studio that I have long since been inspired by, using a combination of screen print and digital print, they create a great variety of interior surface pattern designs.
What inspires me about Timorous Beasties is the range of different projects that they undertake, with their wallpaper, upholstery and interior accessory prints. They also undertake commissions for a variety of outcomes from window displays to exteriors of buildings, with commissions for the V&A with large scale carpet, curtain and wallpaper designs. A large scale theatre curtain for the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, they partake in many exciting opportunities. I feel it important to take part in different projects to keep inspiration fresh and to possibly open new doors, and that's what I like about Timorous Beasties, and I'd like to work for a studio like this.
Timorous Beasties are at the high end market level, with extremely elaborate repeat designs, I feel that my work would fit more within this market level simply because often my designs are quite elaborate and intricate with quite a lot going on. The more I research the more it is apparent that they higher end market level create the more extravagant and busy wallpaper designs

Fig 1. Timorous Beasties (n.d) [Online] [Accessed on 8th December 2013] <www.timorousbeasties.com>

No comments:

Post a Comment