Tuesday 10 December 2013

Digital Prints.




I decided to try out my drawings as digital prints, as I didn't see why a drawing couldn't be a finished design in its own right.
The prints came out well colourwise etc, but I felt that as soon as they were printed onto fabric, the qualities were lost, they've become very flat and lost any depth they had originally within the drawings.
I felt that the qualities that are coming out in the screen prints are a lot more successful and this is something that I should utilise within my work. I can create a lot more depth within my screen prints with layering and adding texture, which creates more interesting effects.
I think that it might be a possibility that I create a small range of digital prints that go alongside my screen printed fabrics. But perhaps they will be a lot more commercial, where I have edited them a lot more and created repeats to change them dramatically from the original drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment