Tuesday 14 January 2014

Further Drawing.


Taking inspiration from the photographs that I've taken of textures and surfaces, I've been drawing and mark making to create patterns to work from.
I've started in monochrome again so as to focus in on the marks, and so I don't distract with too many colours to start with.
I feel that these drawings look similar to the previous set, even though I have tried to create a different feel with the marks and forms I have been creating. I think this is perhaps because they are two monochrome collections, if colour was added I think the forms would take on a different feel.
I think it's important that I spend more time developing the drawing for this project, but using colour, and perhaps thinking about composition. I'd like to focus on motifs and all over pattern so it's obvious how my drawings could be translated into repeats and pattern designs for interiors.
I do think that some of the forms and patterns I've created are successful, but need a tweak composition wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment