Thursday 9 January 2014

New Directions & Visual Research.


Fig 1 & 2.

I've been thinking about adding another strand to my project, to gather new inspirations to create a new body of drawings from. I didn't want this new strand to be totally disparate from my current project, so wanted to still think it terms of nature, but perhaps taking it from a different perspective. 
Whilst researching I came across 100 Abandoned Houses, which are photographs taken across Detroit, in particular I was drawn to the houses that had been taken over by nature, and almost reclaimed. 
I think this would be an interesting perspective to look at for new inspiration, looking at nature reclaiming in different ways, and find my own photographs and visuals to work from. 


I've been gathering a range of photographic visual research of various surfaces and textures that represent nature reclaiming in some way, looking at how moss and rust will gather on man made surfaces. Also looking at how nature reclaims itself, with growths like fungi that I found growing back onto dead trees. 
I have gathered a substantial amount of photos to begin another set of drawings from to then inspire a further printed collection. 
I think that some of the colours that are coming through in the rust photos will definitely be influential when looking into a colour palette, especially against the vibrant green, something I will refer back to in a few weeks. 

Fig 1, Fig 2. 100 Abandoned Houses (n.d) [Online] [Accessed on 9th January 2014] <http://www.100abandonedhouses.com/>



No comments:

Post a Comment