Tuesday 26 November 2013

First Prints.

For the past two weeks I've been dying up fabric and experimenting in the print room. 
I wanted to work with mono printing to begin with as I felt that this would be the best way to translate my drawings to print. 
I don't feel that my time so far in the print room has been very successful, the mono prints haven't come out as I'd have liked, the lines don't have the defined quality of my drawings. 
I've found that I've become distracted by process and colour again. Although I told myself I was going to stick to a few colours, dying up the backgrounds and working with different printing dyes has started to confuse me. 
I think that the best way to move on from this week is to go back to my drawings and pick out sections to then expose onto a screen. An exposed screen will hopefully give me the defined lines that I want to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment